“There must be something to acupuncture – you never see any sick porcupines.” – Bob Goddard
Acupuncture is an ancient, safe, and effective treatment technique founded in Traditional Chinese Medicine. It involves inserting fine needles into specific points in the body to encourage natural healing.
The CAFCI designation:
Benefits of Acupuncture:
Good to Know:
- At STRIDE, we typically use acupuncture as part of a wholistic approach to your care for pain relief and to improve body function. Meaning, it can be used as part of your Physical Therapy treatment plan if appropriate.
- Don’t worry, your STRIDE therapist will explain everything to you (what to expect from your session, the typical do’s and don’ts before and after a session, why we’re choosing the points we choose for you, etc.) Like all our treatment methods, your informed consent will always be required before acupuncture is performed.
- At STRIDE, we use single use, sterile acupuncture needles every time.
- There is no additional fee for acupuncture when used as part of your existing treatment plan.
- Clients requesting treatment that consists of acupuncture only, will still be required to participate in a Physical Therapy assessment to ensure medical safety. Fees for this and any subsequent treatments, will follow the same pricing as Physical Therapy assessment and treatments.